Blockchain applications are being adopted globally, especially by some prominent industries like supply chain and finance because of their decentralized nature. To determine the multiple ways applications, support blockchain technology testing is important. Moreover, blockchain testing allows exploring the scope of this emerging technology and the opportunities it brings for multiple industries.
Blockchain is a decentralized ledger that stores data on all network nodes, and no member can make an unauthorized change in the data. As it is a secured model, but its integration and deployment are hard task for development teams. A minor error during deployment can cause a major disaster for organizations; that’s why blockchain testing is a critical task for testing teams to deal with.
Blockchain Applications Common Testing Techniques
Testing teams use different testing techniques to ensure complete coverage and achieve the required results for blockchain applications. Here are few testing types that are tester should apply while testing blockchain solutions:
- Functional testing is essential to evaluate multiple functionalities of blockchain technologies like smart contract execution.
- Application programming interface testing is an important phase of blockchain testing as it explains the interaction between different applications. It also ensures API requests and formats replies accordingly.
- For smooth cooperation, node testing is essential. It verifies that all nodes are validated and test all nodes independently.
- Performance and load testing are crucial as blockchain applications operate under unspecified conditions.
Popular Tools for Testing Blockchain Applications
Although using the right testing technique is essential, but it is most important to choose the best tools to optimize the results.
Ethereum tester is an open-source library used as a tool to test Ethereum based applications. It guarantees to swap of backends without affecting input and output data formatting. Moreover, it is easy to integrate with API support for several testing needs.
Embark is popular for testing smart contracts as this framework authorized to build and deploy decentralized blockchain applications. It enables testers to execute test-driven development, managing complicated systems and chains, and track deployed contracts.
Challenges Testers Face During Blockchain Testing
The complex structure of blockchain makes it difficult for testing teams to execute test cases. Here are the most popular challenges that blockchain testers have to face:
- As blockchain is a new and emerging technology, it demands in-depth knowledge to understand the complexities to test an application.
- There are many tools available in the market for testing blockchain solutions, but it is essential to choose the right tool to achieve the best testing results.
- Before developing a test strategy, testers need to explore and understand the blockchain concepts and their workflow.
- The validation of block and chain size is crucial; otherwise, applications fail, but it is difficult for the tester to validate sizes.
- A blockchain application consists of multiple models that make it complicated for testing teams to perform integration testing.
At present, demand for blockchain applications is increasing exponentially, as people are becoming well aware of blockchain technology. Alongside blockchain development, blockchain testing is crucial to have the required results obsoleting the errors. OptimusFox, the leading blockchain development company, offers blockchain development services utilizing the latest tools and techniques that empower businesses.